What is VPRO5?
VPRO5 is an FDA-cleared medical device that provides high frequency vibration to the teeth and surrounding bone. VPRO5 can be used with traditional metal braces, clear braces or Invisalign. The VPRO5 has 3 main benefits in orthodontic treatment:
- More Efficient Aligner Seating (For Aligner Treatment) – The most important factor in aligner treatment is proper seating of aligners. A properly seated aligner can decrease treatment time significantly.
- Relieves Orthodontic Pain – Worried about pain and discomfort from your teeth moving? The VPRO5 has been shown to relieve orthodontic pain with just 5 minutes a day of use.
- Reduced Treatment Time – Mechanical stimulation, or vibration as it is also known, of bone has been studied since the mid-1980s to aid in the healing of bone fractures and treatment of osteoporosis. VPro is a high frequency vibration device that can be used at home or on the go and transmits vibration waves through the roots of your teeth to the surrounding bone socket. This helps stimulate blood flow and bone turnover in the area surrounding your teeth. When used in conjunction with Clear Aligners or Braces, VPRO5 has been clinically shown to move teeth up to 50% faster.
How is VPRO5 used?
- Simply connect the mouthpiece to the oscillator base.
- Press and hold the white switch to turn the device on. The device reaches full vibration frequency within 3-5 seconds.
- Bite down on the device mouthpiece while the blue light is blinking.
- Once the vibration cycle is completed, the device will automatically shut off.
- Rinse the mouthpiece and set aside to allow it to air-dry.
Click Here to download the VPro5 Product Brochure
Schedule your complimentary consultation today to determine your options for accelerated orthodontics!
In our continuous effort to provide the best in orthodontic treatment for our patients, we are proud to offer the Propel, a treatment option that works with your braces or aligners to reduce your time in orthodontic treatment! Dr Chong can complete your Propel treatment in a matter of minutes during a regularly scheduled appointment and have you back to your busy schedule in no time.
Click Here to download the Propel Brochure
Research and Literature on Accelerated Orthodontics: