While many things have changed in your lives due to COVID19, our commitment to the health and well-being of our patients and team remain our top priority. Our office has always been stringent in following universal precautions and the guidelines set out by the Centers of Disease Control (CDC) and Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA). During this time I would like to highlight additional enhanced disinfection and patient triage protocols that we have implemented.
Enhanced Disinfection Protocols
- HEPA Filter Air-Purifier – Our office is equipped with 4 Air Purifiers with 99.97% True HEPA Filter and Plasma Wave Technology which creates hydroxyls to neutralize bacteria, volatile organic compounds, odors and gases, while emitting no harmful ozone. The carbon filter in our air purifiers also helps to trap large airborne particles.
- Sneezeguards – Sneezeguards have been installed at our reception welcome counter and in our treatment consultation room as an additional safeguard against aerosols.
- Extraoral Dental Suction Unit – For aerosol producing procedures, we have a external suction unit chairside that is designed to capture aerosols and protect patient bays from airborne contaminants.
- UV-C Light – Our UV-C light kills up to 99% of germs, bacteria and viruses, similar to the ones used in hospitals to sterilize and purify the air. It is used on a daily basis during our non-clinical hours.
- Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) and Sterilization – Our team is equipped with NIOSH approved N95 respirators, disposable faceshields, laundered coats and protective eyewear. All disposable protective coverings on equipment in our office are single-use only and disposed of after each patient. Non-disposable instruments are sterilized using hospital grade tested and monitored sterilizers, on a regular basis throughout the day.
- Private Patient Bays – Our office is specially designed with patient comfort, distancing and safety in mind. Each patient is evaluated in a semi-private, enclosed bay with greater than 6 feet of distancing between patient chairs. Each semi-private bay is thoroughly sanitized and sterilized per CDC and OSHA guidelines with medical-grade disinfectants that kill 99.9% of harmful bacteria and viruses after each patient visit and throughout the day.
Patient Triage Protocols
- E-Wellness Forms – You will receive an e-wellness form via text the day before your appointment. The form has a series of screening questions to ensure that all patients entering our office do not exhibit any signs or symptoms of COVID19 or have been exposed to anyone with COVID19. Patients who answer “Yes” to our screening questions will be kindly asked to reschedule their appointment.
- Pre-appointment procedures – In addition to the e-wellness form, each patient will have their temperature taken upon entering the office and given hand sanitizer with at least 70% alcohol. Hand sanitizers are available throughout the office at each patient bay and at our welcome counter. We will also offer all patients a cloth mask to wear and take home. Please review the attached flyer for additional information on checking into our virtual waiting room.
- Pre-procedural rinse – All patients will be asked to rinse with 1.5% Peroxyl Anti-microbial Rinse prior to being seen. The rinse will be provided to you in the office at no additional cost.
- Virtual appointments – We are excited to offer you expanded services virtually, from the convenience of your home or workplace. We understand life gets busy but this should not be an obstacle to achieving a beautiful smile. Under certain circumstances, we will be able to monitor your treatment virtually as well, significantly reducing the need for in-office appointments. Please ask one of our team members to find out more about virtual appointments.
We remain committed during this time to your safety and well-being and these protocols are in place to assure all who enter our office that Embrace Smiles Orthodontics remains one of the safest places to be. We wish you and yours continued good health and we look forward to continue our mission of transforming smiles every day!
Dr Chong and the Embrace Smiles Team